CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Barbie and Ken

So today at Target I decided to get some new outfits for the Barbie and Ken that the girls play with. As soon as we got home they rushed to find their dolls and get them dressed in their new duds. As soon as we got the Ken dressed they both started saying how handsome he looked. Ayva picked him up and started using a deep voice with him. They eventually got more of the Barbie dolls and they were fighting over who got to kiss Ken. At first it shocked me that they were talking about kissing and getting married but then Peter reminded me that they see that on all of the princess videos they watch.

So here's a picture of the happy couple. Yes, Barbie is an amputee. She was involved in a terrible horse riding accident and lost her arm. She is one tough Barbie though, and she has continued to ride horses with the use of just one arm. She is an inspiration.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, ha!! That's great! I LOVE the new clothes - those are two stylin' barbie dolls!

laura said...

ken's a bit of a hipster! barbie is oh, so fashionable as always!

Amy said...

Aren't all Barbies and amputee or decapitated or missing some limb or another? I know mine were. I love that they were fighting over who got to kiss Ken. I can just imagine Ayva using a deep voice for Ken. Your daughters are too cute!

Torrie said...

ken looks like he just stepped out of the 80's!
my girls love to play with my old barbies and the retro furnishings i kept. my mom told me that one day i might have little girls that would want to play with mine like i played with hers, so i kept them. and i'm really glad i did.
it's fun to see your kids grow up and like the same things you did.

Anonymous said...

Ok, those Barbie's made me laugh! I miss Barbies. I was always jealous that Barbie had a bigger chest than I ever would!

Lauren said...

I can't stop laughing...you are so funny! Barbie is an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This is an old post but...that Ken you got there looks like an Art Garfunkel doll! lol Just tease his hair up a little more and ta-da!