CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Memorial Day to Remember

For Memorial Day this year we decided to get out of town and head down to St. George to enjoy some much needed sunshine. When I was in college at Dixie I was fortunate enough to live at a condo resort named Los Palmos. One of my best girl friends from high school had a relative who owned one of the condos and let us rent it from him for two years. It was an amazing resort. A couple of weeks ago I decided to look it up on-line and discovered it was still up and running and I convinced Peter we should rent a condo for a few days. When I lived there back in the day it had four pools, one indoor and three outdoor, and it has since added a fifth pool. Since Peter had to work the weekend we didn't leave until Monday morning but were able to stay through until Wednesday. I think it worked out wonderfully because we missed out on the big weekend crowds and three days was just long enough to enjoy ourselves and not get on each others nerves too much. So here are some pictures from our swimming adventures.



I love the next picture because it looks like Bella is walking on the water. (This pool is only 2 feet deep and is perfectly heated. The girls really had the best time jumping in over and over. )


And here is a picture of the view I had from my lounge chair.


Besides swimming, we did a little shopping at the outlets, took a nice drive through Snow Canyon, played in the sand dunes, ate at my favorite Pizza Factory and took a nice little stroll through the updated downtown area. St. George has really changed so much since I lived there ten plus years ago and it was fun for me to return and see it all again. Hopefully we can make it a family tradition to visit at least once every year.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is your family! I love the shot from your lounge chair...nothing like palm trees, eh?!

I'm so jealous you had a little getaway! Yeah!!!

Torrie said...

looks beautiful!

where's you?
glad you got some sun, we all need some every once in a while.

kelly said...

looks delightful!
we stayed at a los palmas in palm springs, very fun.
glad you could relax a little.

Shannon said...

What an adorable family. We sure miss you guys and think of you often.

Amy said...

How fun!! I am sure it was nice to get away for a bit. I am totally jealous

Paige said...

That does sound like a great little vacation. Maybe we can join you one of these years -- so keep going!

Such a cute family. That sun looks so nice and warm... send some our way.

The Buckley's said...

Your girls look exactly alike these days!! How cute! Sounds like fun.