CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

A weekend wrap up

We had ourselves a nice little Father's Day weekend. It started Friday night when we went over to my brothers for dinner and some fun on the Wii Fit. I have never been big on video games but it looks like my mind has been changed by the Wii. I will be asking Santa for one for Christmas...lots of fun! Saturday started with a great workout followed by lots of yard work and a hand full of errands. Saturday evening we had a ward BBQ that was lots of fun. Unfortunately we had to leave early to get home so we could write some talks. Earlier in the week we were asked to speak in Sacrament meeting but were so busy that we didn't get a chance to sit down and formulate our thoughts until Saturday night around 9:30pm. I think I finally got to sleep around 1:00am and Lilly was up at 3:30 and didn't go back to sleep for about an hour and a half then we were up for the day at 7:00am. Needless to say I was exhausted and looked forward to a nap all morning but Lilly managed to rob me of that as well. It's hard to get mad at her though cause she is so cute. (see pics below for proof of cuteness) We had a nice dinner for Peter on Sunday night and then went for a walk. Peter had told the girls earlier in the day that he would camp out in the backyard with them so they got the tent all set up, had some stories and singing and went to bed. Now it's Monday again and Peters at work and I am left to clean up the mess. I am on my 4th load of laundry, the dishwasher has been unloaded and reloaded, other dishes have been washed and the kitchen floor has been swept. The girls have all been dressed and fed, twice plus snacks, and I have changed a hand full of diapers. I successfully got Ayva down for a nap, Lilly won't let me put her down without fussing and Bella, well Bella just can't seem to do anything by herself for longer than 10 minutes.

Here are just a couple of pictures from our weekend. The first one is of Lilly before our evening walk and the second is of her after the walk. She loves to nap in the Bjorn. The third picture is of the girls as they got all set up to camp out in the backyard. They had such a good time playing in the tent and are really looking forward to going camping in the mountains. Hopefully we can do that sometime this summer.

Happy Fathers Day Peter, we love you!

3 comments:

Holly Strong said...

How fun!!! We'll go camping with you. I think we are going to try to attempt camping this year too. I'm pretty excited, though I know how much work goes into it. We should get a group together, the Jones, Adams and Sweets all camp!!!

Paige said...

Sounds like an exhaustingly lovely day. I hope your talks went well.

Lily is super cute, just like her sisters.

And Peter is a great dad and he's lucky to be married to you. The times when I'm just doing the regular mom thing are when I wish you were closer so we could just do the regular mom stuff together.

Anonymous said...

Andy and I just both commented on how you and Pete have the magic mojo for having cute children. She's beautiful.

I wish I was there for date night. I could use a movie, and a night away.