CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Odds and ends

So recently Isabella has become very interested in heaven. Her beloved Grandpa Bob passed away last year and at the time we discussed with her that he has gone on to heaven and that we will see him again someday when we die. And in the weeks that followed his death she would often bring up the fact that Grandpa was now living in heaven but then we hadn't heard much from her about it until last month. One morning as I was taking her to preschool she said " Mom, I will miss my Barbies when I go to heaven." I told her that heaven was going to be so nice that she would forget all about her Barbies. She then followed up by stating "I hope I have a nice bedroom there." A few days later she told Peter that she really hopes there's lunch in heaven. I have to agree with her on that one. It is just so interesting to hear the things that she is concerned about and then compare them with my big concern about heaven which is whether or not I am even going to get in.


This afternoon Bella went over to a friends house to play so Ayva and I headed to the mall for a couple hours. I sort of need a new pair of jeans so we went into Nordstrom so I could try on EIGHT pairs. Can I just tell you how much I despise trying on jeans. No matter how good I am feeling about my body before I go into the dressing room I always come out feeling like I could stand to loose a few pounds. None of the eight pairs that I tried on fit good or looked good. I finally bought a pair from Ann Taylor but I will probably take them back. And how about cost? It seems like jeans have gotten so expensive. Let me ask you all this...on average how much do you spend on a pair of jeans? Do you prefer to spend a lot on one or two pairs of designer jeans that look really great on you or do you look for more affordable jeans that might not look as good but they are cheap? Ugh!

Here is a fun photo of Ayva that I took the other day. She really is growing up so fast. She is talking like a big girl, she has gotten picky about what she eats like a big girl and she is even dressing like a big girl. These little dress up high heels are her favorite shoes to run around the house in. Amazingly she really can run in them and go up and down the stairs in them. She is a crack up.

And my last little piece of randomness is some music suggestions. I bought these three albums from Amazon this week and think that they are all really good so I thought I would share them with you.


For the Kids is great because it is children's songs but they are sung by cool bands like Barenaked Ladies, Five for Fighting, Sarah McLachlan and Cake who sing the "Mahna Mahna" song. (our families favorite)

Corrine Bailey Rae's album is wonderful. I really like her voice and lyrics. My favorite song on the album is "Like a Star", it is very romantic.

Brother Iz's album is full of beautiful Hawaiian music. We put it on last night while we were getting dinner ready and listening to it made both Peter and I nostalgic for Hawaii. My favorite song on this album is "Somewhere over the Rainbow". I love the sound of the ukulele.

Well there you have it. Just a lot of bits and pieces from my brain. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Torrie said...

Ahhh! I know just what your talking about! What about when your stomach is twice the size of your butt, so you keep getting a gap at the middle of your back, or the pants are so low that you are always pulling them up...Or the pants give you muffin top ( for those of you are too skinny to know what this is, it's where your back fat is pushed out the top of your pants to resemble the top of a muffin!) But I think that I might have found the jeans that are as perfect of a fit as it's going to get...Drum roll please... GAP CURVY!!! Yeah to the GAP company for knowing that we aren't all built the same! Now, for the matter of price, I have a tendency to not stay the same size for long periods of time but I still want to feel good in the clothes I'm wearing, so for me, $58 is worth it. I recently bought a pair from gap.com for $20 less than in the store.I am also a fan of Gap skinny's, not that this implies in any way that I am skinny,but that the jeans are made to make you appear skinny. And for that I am glad. Once a year around back to school time all of Gaps jeans are $20, that's how I got my first pair and fell in love. I hope that this helps you even a little, but I belive that if you feel like a million bucks in those Ann Taylor jeans you should keep them!

Anonymous said...

I am Torrie...Gap Curvy are fabulous jeans. Pre-Noah...I had two pairs of designer jeans from Nordstroms, and they were my faves. Expensive, but my favorites. I could just switch between the two. Now I need a shoe horn to get in them...anyway enough about me! I say whatever makes you feel great, buy em! And for the record....you are stick skinny...miss you sista! p.s. I'm buying that Hawaiian CD...I miss it there too.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I can't type a complete sentence. My first sentence should say "I am with Torrie.." oops.

Torrie said...

Marie,
We all want to be me! Don't we?

Paige said...

My $70 jeans have served me well, especially since I have worn them nearly every day for 2 winters. What bugs me is that you can never find the same pair twice. I like these jeans but I know if I go back to get another pair after baby that this brand won't have the same style.

kelly said...

i have tried on every style of gap jeans in the store and my faves are Long & Lean Flare 99% cotton, 1% spandex. love, love, LOVE them!