CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 12, 2007

Updates on the girls

Isabella has really been enjoying preschool and is constantly amazing me with how smart she is. She has recently learned the days of the week and the months of the year. She especially likes May because that is when she will turn 4 and her mean parents will let her chew gum again. (She would always swallow it before so we told her no more until she was older and she got it into her head that 4 was older. Go figure!) I also caught her spelling the word brown today as she got herself dressed in her brown pants. My favorite thing about her preschool is that they have a song they sing that goes "we never hit or kick or push...our friends at Sunshine Square". I think they must have hypnotized the children and trained them to sing this song any time they hear someone say one of the key words, hit, kick or push because Bella will brake into song anytime she hears those words. It is hilarious!


She has also learned how to write her name a little bit better. Before she would just make a B and the two l's but now she has added in the vowels. We are still working on the Isa at the beginning. I think she is a bit resistant to writing out Isabella because I only call her that when she is in trouble.

Ayva is also doing well. Her vocabulary has quadrupled in the last couple of months and she has turned into a bit of a record player. She will pick up a new word and say it over and over again until I regret ever teaching it to her. She is such a sweetheart though. She will often ask for hugs and will put her hands on your cheeks and look you straight in the eye and ask "happy?" She had her 18 month check up last week and the doctor confirmed that she has metatarsis adductus which is a fancy name for pigeon toed. The doctors advice to me was to put Ayva's shoes on the wrong feet to help pull the toes out. I hate doing this. Not only does it look like I am an idiot but it makes it harder for Ayva to run around. But if it will work I will do it.

She is definitely all girl as you can see here. She wasn't happy getting her picture taken with her hair a mess and wearing nothing but a towel. Too cute!


4 comments:

Torrie said...

For some reason Ayva sure looks like her daddy in that picture; at least to me:)
We always knew Bella was a smart little cookie, John just thought the world of her!

kelly said...

hallelujah! she's posted again!
and it's a darling chubby cheek girl. (not me!)

grady sat down and wrote his name on all his valentines today.
isn't it amazing to see how much they learn and grow each day?

Anonymous said...

Oh so good to hear from you on the blog! I can't believe how big your little ones are getting. I miss seeing them. I can't wait till Noey starts talking.

Paige said...

Cannon asked about playing with Bella last week, thinking that we could just fly to Utah. I need to learn that song and make my boys sing it every time they start fighting. That would make them stop if they knew they had to sing a song to each other.