CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 22, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...

Here they are in no particular order...


1. My husband and best friend, Peter. Don't tell him I said this because it will just go to his head but he is genuinely a great guy. He is very easy going and fun to be around once you get to know him. (Initially he can be a little shy) He is an amazing father and is always willing to come home and take over so that I can have a break even when he has had a long hard day at work as well. He has never raised his voice to me and is quick to forgive me when I raise mine at him. He is very kind, patient, smart and soooooo good looking. (great soccer legs!) We will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary this May and I have to say they have been the best 7 years of my life. Love ya hon!!2. I love to watch Isabella and Ayva learn new things. Last week Bella started a dance class and it was a thrill to go and watch her learn the see-saw rainbow kick and a plethora of other cute moves. She had such a fun time and so did I. Then Ayva has recently started to sing songs. Her favorites are Old MacDonald and Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree. I always sing songs to her while I change her diaper because it keeps her still and the other day she joined in while I was singing Popcorn Popping and even did the actions. It was so cute!

3. I love to spend $6 on a large bouquet of fresh flowers and have them last over a week. I bought these for myself on Valentine's Day and they still look beautiful. I have always loved having fresh flowers around but it is rare that they stay alive this long. Happy Valentines' Day to me!

4. A good eyebrow waxing. It pretty much speaks for itself.

5. A good run. For many years I have had a love/hate relationship with running. I have always wanted to be a runner but it definitely hasn't come easy for me. I started running on more of a regular basis about three and a half years ago and it wasn't until last summer that I had a really enjoyable run. It happened on the Burke-Gilman in Seattle. It was a beautiful day and Peter dropped me off at Matthews Beach. I ran along the Burke-Gilman to the Tracy Owen Station about 5 miles. The weather was perfect, warm with a slight breeze off the lake. I had my mp3 with me and listened to a little Josh Groban. My pace and my breathing remained smooth and rhythmic and my legs felt strong. It was a great feeling. It felt like a reward for all my past perseverance. Ever since that day I have felt like a runner.
**Side note** Speaking of running...I am trying to put a team together to run the Ragnar Relay in June. Teams are to have 12 members and so far I have 2 committed and 2 uncommitted. It is a 178 mile race with each member of the team running 3- 8 mile legs. Check out the web site for more info and then let me know if you are interested. http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php

6. Nature Valley Crunchy Cereal. This stuff is delicious!! I love their granola bars and this new cereal is even better. At the grocery store it was $4 something a box but at Target it was only $2.36 a box so I stocked up. (that is another thing I love, Target!) It is a little high in sugar but it is also high in fiber so give it a try.So there they are...six of my favorite things. Thanks to my friend Lauren for sharing some of her favorites things and inspiring me to do so as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are good ones Mindy! I too appreciate a good eyebrow waxing, especially since mine look like little catepillars right now. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see you and the girls in March.

Lauren said...

That was fun to read!! Thank you for sharing. These blog posts are such a wonderful way to get to know each other even better...it makes the distance between us seem a bit smaller!

Holly Strong said...

I like it! It's good to know you a little better. I'm glad you commented on the cereal....I've been meaning to get it, but have been a little hesitant. :) As for the run...count me out, but I know our Primary President and the Stake Presidents wife are both avid runners....you should ask them. If you want, I'll introduce you if you don't know them.

Ang said...

I'm so proud of you and your running ways. I wish I was a runner, but alas . . . I hate it :-). I am truly excited to go back to the gym and do some aerobics, though. We'll see how long that excitement lasts once I actually start doing it!

Thanks for your visit yesterday. Wyatt has been doing much better and is out of the baby doghouse (would that be the puppy house?) for now.

Paige said...

Cereal is one of my favorite foods right now. Thanks for the suggestion. I can't believe I'm not on your list as #1. ;)

Ang said...

I noticed brothers wasn't part of the 6 favorite things. Glad to see that cereal is always there for you.
FH