CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Callings

Since moving into our new ward a few months ago, both Peter and I have been anxiously waiting for new callings. It's not that we are super excited to start having more responsibility we are just nervous about how much responsibilty we would be getting. So my calling came first and it came in the form of Mia Maid advisor. Yup, can you believe it. Four years serving in the young womens in my last ward wasn't enough. I was a little surprised by it. I had convinced myself that I was going to be called to the nursery where I know they need more workers. But I have now had a few weeks to get use to the idea and have decided that I am really looking forward to, hopefully, influencing the young women to do good. (and to always be available to babysit) Then this last week Peter's calling came. Elder's quorum teacher. I know he is a little nervous about teaching but I know he will do a great job.
Now in Seattle we were spoiled at church because our meeting time was 9:30 am -12:30pm and it never changed. But here in Utah where there are 4 wards meeting in our building we have to rotate times. This year our ward has the 1:00pm - 4:00pm time slot. This time is torture for people with small children but may we all press on. However, Bella is now a Sunbeam and Ayva is now in nursery so the time change hasn't been to bad on us, but as for the primary and nursery leaders, that's another story.

1 comments:

Holly Strong said...

YAY!!! Such fun callings. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I know I'm happy Peter has his calling...it's just one more Sunday Davis doesn't have to teach. :) Mabye he'll take our "time change effected baby." LOL I hear the girls in the ward are pretty awesome. I think you'll like your calling.