CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Random stuff

Since it has been a few weeks since I last posted something I have a bunch of random things I want to share. First let me follow up with Bella's room and the paint saga. We finally were able to get the right color and another free Saturday to repaint her room. It looks great, now it just needs to be decorated. I am attempting to make a cushion for the bench by her window. It is turning out to be a pricier endeavor than I first anticipated. After visiting a couple different fabric stores I finally found a (special order) fabric that would work and of course it was $30 a yard and I figure I need about 2 yards. Then you add the foam cushion and cording into the equation and the cushion has become too expensive for a little girls room. Luckily I found the fabric at Joann's and I used a 50% off coupon to get it and also my dear friend Lauren sent me a gift certificate to Joann's for my birthday. Thanks Lauren!! And I know she will be so proud to read this and find out I am sewing again. She was a very patient teacher. So it will be a few weeks before I get it done but I will definitely post it for your viewing pleasure.




So one of the perks of living way out in West Jordan, UT is that we are just a few blocks from the Utah Olympic Oval, The Fastest Ice on Earth. It is a huge ice skating venue that also hosts a 442 meter indoor running track, indoor soccer leagues, drop-in hockey and a plethora of other great activities. So last night about 9pm I decided I wanted to go for a run. (Frankly I was motivated to do so after watching The Biggest Loser. Man those trainers are tough!!) Since it was about 6 degrees outside I decided to head over to the Oval and try out their indoor running track. I had such a great run. I ran on the same track that Olympic athletes had warmed up on. Apolo Anton Ohno, Casey FitzRandolph, Joey Cheek, Derek Parra, they had all graced this running track on their way to Olympic glory. It was very inspiring for me. I love my family and wouldn't change my life for anothers but if after this life I got a chance to come back and have another, it would be as an Olympic athlete. I am not even sure I know what sport it would be in or that it matters. I just am in awe of the "athlete". The determination and devotion and the satisfaction that must come from being one of the best in the world. Well it might be to late for me but I can always live vicariously through my kids right?!





















All geared up. Here are some shots of the girls that I took yesterday as we ventured out to play in the snow. Ayva had a pretty difficult time getting around with all her gear on. She kept face planting it right into the snow and then wasn't able to stand herself back up again. Fun to watch!! Bella is hard core. She might just have what it takes to be an Olympic athlete. Either she has a disorder that keeps her from feeling cold (it was only 26 degrees out) or she just won't admit it because she is afraid I will make her go back inside. She had a blast jumping in snow piles and making snow angels. She was very disappointed though by the inability to get the snow to stick together so we could make a snowman. It was very dry and fluffy snow. Maybe next time.

Well, I think that is all I have for now. Thanks for checking in.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Bella looks so cool, already a super athlete in the making. And just by getting out and running at 9pm you are a super athlete. Could you send me some of that motivation to run by myself?

Lauren said...

Yahoo! I am so glad to hear you are sewing. You will have to post a pciture of the room when it is all done. Also, just like Paige, I am impressed with you running at 9pm. I am hoping to find some running buddies down here in Olympia...I miss our Saturday morning runs. Maybe sometime we will have to sign up for another run together!

Ang said...

Hey Mind! I've never even been to the oval and I've lived here almost a year now. I bet it was a cool place to run. Loved the pics of the girls--especially Bella's sunglasses.
Ang
p.s.--You know how you haven't been able to decide on a birthday/housewarming gift? What about something for Bella's room?

kelly said...

love the biggest loser!
i watch it when i'm on the treadmill, very motivating.
glad the paint is working for you now.

Unknown said...

Uncle Luke here, Bella rocks in her outfit! She will be such a star. Ayva sounds like she was dressed like the little brother in the movie "A Christmas story."