CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The rest of my bits...

49. I am afraid of moths.
48. I have a strong dislike (I have a personal goal to stop using the word hate. It is part of my optimistic training.) for the music of Alanis Morisette.
47. I have a strange admiration for the rapper Eminem.
46. The first time I ever flew in an airplane I was 14 or 15 and my brothers friend flew my sister and I to Arizona to see our grandmother in a small four seater that handled turbulence like a fly.
45. I want to be a better person than I am right now.
44. I love birds of prey and will likely become an official "bird watcher" when we retire and travel the country in our RV.
43. If I had any real kind of money, like Rockefeller money, I'd be broke.
42. I like to put together puzzles.
41. I am perplexed as to what to do with a puzzle once I have put it together.
40. I love to bowl and even took a bowling class in college.
39. My favorite part of Utah is Bryce Canyon and Zion's comes in a close second.
38. My greatest accomplishment thus far as a parent is that my girls like vegetables.
37. I have issues with the dentist and suffer high levels of anxiety when I have to go in for cleanings or repairs.
36. My first Thanksgiving turkey turned out pretty good. A lady I work with gave me the tip to cook the turkey upside down so the breast would cook in its own juices and it worked great. (well minus the crispy skin that I usually like to enjoy)
35. My brother once shot me in the leg with a bb gun.
34. I loved horses as a child and even had one for awhile. She was a palomino and I named her Cinnabar.
33. I have a weakness for donuts.
32. I love Aveda products.
31. Speaking of Aveda, I could use a good massage. (hint, hint to my kind, loving husband)
30. I have wonderful children who can make me crazy angry one minute and hysterically happy the next.
29. I hope to one day be part of a rowing team. (when we move back to Seattle of course)
28. I am terrible at being pregnant and would like to take this opportunity to apologize to my sweet husband for all that he has endured up to this point and for all that is to come.
27. I would love to totally remodel my kitchen and master bath and am willing to do all the work myself. (I know, I say that now but I am sure I would change my tune 6 weeks into the project when I am still cooking on a Coleman stove in the garage and have no running water in my bathroom. shh!)
26. I no longer look smokin' hot in a swimsuit. (sure, I like to believe I once did!)
25. My greatest disappointment as a parent thus far is how easily I lose my temper and blow up at my children.
24. If I could go to Hawaii, or any tropical island, tomorrow I would do nothing but lie on the beach and drink pina coladas.
23. Both Peter and I have a hard time making decisions. It took us months to buy our first couch. We would go to the store every couple of weeks and sit on the one we liked and hover over it trying to decide if it was a smart purchase or not. Finally we gave in and bought it when it went on sale.
22. I am grateful I grew up poor. I haven't always felt that way but the older I get the more I appreciate the life lessons I learned from not having much at all.
21. I had my appendix taken out when I was in high school.
20. I love to watch the X Games. My favorite event is the skateboarders on the half pipe.
19. I have big feet. Size 10 to be precise.
18. Pet peeves: 1) When companies misspell there name on purpose. ex. Skool Lunch Restaurant. 2) Men in speedo's when there isn't a competition going on. 3) The sound of someone swallowing or gulping. I have many more but will leave it at that for now.
17. Love Seinfeld!
16. I love to go river rafting.
15. I have THE coolest in laws!
14. I am most grateful for my good health and the good health of my family.
13. Yeah only 12 more to go!
12. The toughest experience I have gone through so far in my life was having Peter get called up to go to Kuwait 4 weeks before our first child was due. I am still not sure what I was suppose to learn from that trial.
11. According to a Newsweek poll I might b a democrat rather than a republican like I originally thought.
10. I use to love read-a-thons when I was in elementary school. We got to bring our pillows to school, treats and all the books we could read in one day.
9. I like pickles. Well only the crunchy kind you buy in the refrigerator section of the grocery store.
8. I am really looking forward to next winter when I can go skiing again.
7. I don't care for magicians. Not impressed.
6. My favorite place to run is the Burke-Gilman trail in Seattle.
5. I have been to Canada!!!
4. My favorite subject in school was biology and my least favorite was English. (I am sure I have made dozens of grammatical errors throughout my list.)
3. I truly believe I married my soul mate.
2. I am grateful to have such cool and fun friends.
1. I am a Christian!

Well hallelujah! I am done and can head to bed. Good night!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Very insightful!
I'm laughing because #47 about Eminem...I totally agree. I don't always agree with his lyrics, but he raps so fast and so clearly I can't help but be impressed! When Sam calls my cell phone my ringtone is Eminem's song "without you". :)
Also, my brother Darren is a huge birder, huge doesn't quite define him...he's been out of control about birding since college, 1989! If you check out his blog, you'll see lots of bird photos.
And finally...yes...being prego is hard work, I totally agree!

Anonymous said...

My pet peeve is when people mispell THERE when they meant THEIR (...Skool lunch).