CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

50 little bits about me now and 50 bits later...

100. I will be 32 years old tomorrow (no, it's not too late to send a gift).
99. I was a wild teenager and have the tattoo to prove it.
98. I have shamelessly watched almost every season of the Bachelor and am extremely disappointed that this seasons bachelor didn't pick anyone.
97. It took me a week to read Twilight and I still haven't picked up New Moon. (I know, what's wrong with me?!)
96. Fall is my favorite time of year.
95. I generally only like to watch a movie once. I have no desire to buy movies and continue to watch them until I have them memorized.
94. I will be cooking my first Thanksgiving meal this week. I'll keep you posted.
93. I met my husband in a bar/dance club. (see...wild!)
92. I love fried tofu.
91. I went skydiving for my 21st birthday.
90. I suffer from "foot in mouth" disease. I think it runs in my family.
89. I have great admiration for anyone who has a degree greater than an Associates in school.
88. I would love to return to school someday and get a degree in Nutrition.
87. I don't understand thank you cards. If I said thank you at the time of the service or when receiving a gift, why do I need to send a written thank you as well. Did the person forget or did they not hear me? Does the thank you only count if it comes in the mail?
86. My favorite day of the week is Sunday. (unless it's a fast Sunday of course. kidding!)
85. I would love to compete at anything in the Olympics.
84. As a teenager I worshiped Michael Jordan.
83. The older I get the more I like country music. (I guess it's a sign of senility)
82. I had to look up how to spell senility.
81. I love the outdoors and enjoy most outdoor activities.
80. Someday I would like to live in Connecticut.
79. I think one can still be cool even when driving a mini-van. (and you should too)
78. I know of 7 other women besides myself who are pregnant right now. 7!
77. I don't like scary movies at all. I can't even watch commercials for crime shows without getting scared. (sissy, right?!)
76. I have been to over 20 concerts in my life. My favorites: Ziggy Marley in Hawaii, Tom Petty in Salt Lake and Josh Groban in Seattle.
75. I have great respect and admiration for all the men and women who serve in the United States military and I cry every time the news shows a group leaving their families or returning to their families. It is an amazing thing that people are willing to sacrifice their lives for the safety of our country and for the benefit of people in countries besides their own.
74. I am a very competitive game player and at times wish that I could just relax and enjoy myself more.
73. I have to eat breakfast everyday. I don't understand how people can get up and go about their day without at least a bowl of cereal.
72. Someday I hope to own an older, craftsman style home.
71. I love to watch my husband play soccer. He has great soccer legs!
70. I love to listen to my girls sing a long to the radio.
69. I strongly dislike snorkeling.
68. I don't think Matthew McConaughey is sexy at all!
67. My favorite teacher was my 5th grade teacher Mrs. Drake. She sadly died of cancer shortly after I had her as a teacher but her influence on me has lasted a lifetime.
66. There are two different spellings for my middle name and I am not sure which one is right.
65. I use to want to run a marathon but I am over it.
64. I never liked fish until I lived in Seattle and experienced fresh salmon.
63. I don't like dogs.
62. Or cats.
61. And I don't understand having birds as pets either.
60. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
59. Once I start something I must finish it or I won't be able to sleep.
58. I hate to be poked.
57. Don't tell Peter but I wear the pants in the family.
56. My favorite movie treat is chilled Junior Mints.
55. I once saw John Tesh and Connie Selleca on the beach in Hawaii.
54. I want to learn how to dance like Julianne Hough on Dancing with the Stars.
53. In high school I tried out to be the mascot, a farmer. But in the end they chose my competition and he only made it through 1/2 of the year before he was busted for smoking pot in the boys bathroom and stripped of his pitchfork.
52. As a young girl I loved to catch frogs and play king of bunker hill with my brother.
51. Most embarrassing moment: I accidentally peed on my pant leg during a first date. We'll just leave it at that.
50. I love to snow ski.

8 comments:

kelly said...

hee hee.
i love your list!
can't wait to see more.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY friend!
good luck on your first thanksgiving dinner.

(something for my list should be that i've never cooked a turkey in 15 years of marriage!)

Anonymous said...

I really love your list!!! I have always wanted to live in Conneticut too!

Happy Happy Birthday Mindy dear! (sung like the primary kids!)

I can't wait to hear how your Thanksgiving goes...

The list is hard to do, eh?!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!!

I have "foot in mouth" disease as well. In fact, I'm so flexible I can put BOTH feet in my mouth sometimes!

I loved your list and I love Julianne Hough from "dancing with the stars" too. She is amazing!!

Amy said...

I totally agree with the thank you notes. I hate writing thank you notes and really don't understand why people think they need to be done.
Happy Birthday!!

Ang said...

I just got off the phone with you and decided I'd check blogs and it was such a treat to see this! I had fun reading every single one. I never knew about the Farmer mascot, or the leg peeing, or the great dislike of snorkeling. I would have thought you'd LOVE snorkeling. You seem like the snorkeling type. It's good to know these mysterious things. You should also add to your list that you love to bake (yummmmy stuff) and that people think you look just like your brother, much to your dismay, and that you're a really good mom and have great hair. Those are the things I'd add, at least :-).

Lauren said...

How fun...thanks for all the insights into your mind!

Torrie said...

Love the list~! I think number 99 is my favorite! I secretly wish I could say the same thing.
I don't agree with the thank you note thing.
And you must be KIDDING about my Matthew! Right!!!!???
And jordan and I both want to know about this peeing on the first date thing....
You made me want to make a list!
Do you mind if I steel your idea?

Paige said...

I'm totally in love with that julianne dancing girl and want to be like her in my next life. And I tried out for the cheerleading my freshman year of high school and didn't make the cut. But then I started running and I'm much happier that I was a runner instead of a cheerleader.