CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ayva turns 6

Our little Junie Fish (one of her many nicknames) turned 6 last weekend and even though she had to share the spotlight with her new little brother she still managed to have a great day. I have always made my kids birthday cakes but since I got home from the hospital only a few hours before the party and I was freakin' exhausted we decided to let Ayva pick out her own cake at the store. She chose an Oreo cake and quickly declared that nobody was to have any of the Oreos on top, they were all hers.



Her Uncle Luke and Aunt Laura were in town for the special occasion and her Grandma and Grandpa Hallstrom and Aunt Chelle came over to help celebrate as well. (Sorry no pictures of them. I am regretting that now. Luke and Laura, you need to come back so I can get some pictures)



Just pics of Ayva opening her gifts. Proof for the future that we did do nice things for her.

I will end with a picture of the special guest. Ayva did told me that I didn't need to get her a gift because I gave her a new baby brother for her birthday. So nice of her.

2 comments:

Forrest said...

Mindy,
I know you are tired and all but the socks go on his feet, not his hands. I barely noticed Enzo's bare feet in that picture though because I could hardly take my eyes of Pete's giant guns. Not sure if that is the angle of the camera, how he is squishing his arms together, or if he has been doing hundreds of pushups a day for the last few months to work through the extra testosterone that comes along with welcoming a new boy into the home.
Great shots of the party and the cake. No shots of the relatives but a great shot of the cake. Oreos will bend your brain a little like that.
Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.
Forrest

laura said...

i love your new little one's name!

your kids are darling! glad to hear you guys are doing well!