CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A great date with my handsome mate

Last Thursday evening Peter and I went to the symphony. We went and listened to the Utah Symphony perform Vivaldi's The Four Seasons. It was amazing! It was a one night only performance and I am glad that we heard about it in time to get a hold of some tickets. The featured violinist, Ralph Matson, was brilliant and along with the other members of the orchestra they had me glued to my seat. At one point I glanced around the theater and up at the people sitting in the balconies and was impressed by how still everyone was sitting, motionless, just listening. We have this symphony on CD and I have listened to it many times but hearing it performed live was something else. I can't wait to go again. Thanks Pete.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun...I love the Vivaldi. Perfect date... :)

Ginger said...

You guys always go on fun dates.

Satoko said...

A date. What is that?

Ambyr said...

I have heared of that synphony but I've never actually heared it! It sounds like you really enjoyed it, maybe I should get a copy of the CD. I love the synphony!

Torrie said...

the symphony...ahhh that sounds very nice indeed,
i'm afraid i would have to find a new mate to take me....

kelly said...

sounds like a lovely night!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! We haven't been to the symphony since we were engaged! I'm sure it was fun to get all dressed up and go on a "real date"!

Lauren said...

That is one of my favorite symphonies too! Adam and I were able to hear it when we went to Prague. I never get tired of listening to it...I think I need to get a CD too!