CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

A little slice of Christmas joy.

I have been wanting to do something extra special for the girls for Christmas. Peter has been working a lot and I have been a bit on the cranky side and I felt like I wanted to make it up to them. So today we decided to take them to the Build a Bear Workshop and let them get some teddy bears. I know, I know, going to the mall the Saturday before Christmas with two small children is not the smartest thing to do but like I said, Peter has been working a lot and this was his first Saturday off in the last 4 weekends. So we got to the store and the girls quickly picked out the bears they wanted to get. We then proceeded to wait in line for 50 minutes to get the bears stuffed, dressed and paid for. It was pretty hectic but the girls behaved themselves and waited patiently to be done. And I have to say it was worth it. They love their bears! They have played with them all day and are now tucked into bed with their new friends.

8 comments:

Torrie said...

build a bear is quite fun!
we took all three of our kids and had them make a special bear to bring to the hospital for when shilo was born. we all picked a heart, made a wish and stuffed it into the bear. it is something special from her brothers and sister to celebrate her joining the family.

Anonymous said...

How fun. What a special day for them, and a good Mom you are!

Merry Christmas friend!

Paige said...

I wanted to do that too but didn't have a good reason like yours so I opted out. Maybe I'll do it with just the girls next year.

I'm glad you had fun together.

Unknown said...

CUTE! The girls look very satisfied with their bears! I need to take my boys there once they're old enough to appreciate the stuffed animal for more than minutes after I buy it. I know that if I take them to Build a bear now they'll love it for about minutes, and then the bear will be sitting on the floor in the corner of the room for a few weeks! :)

Unknown said...

Oops!!! Looks like I forgot to push num lock before I typed the numers...hee hee! I was trying to say 5 minutes!

Audrey said...

What cute girls! Purple and pink...2 colors found no where else in our house but my closet. What fun at Build a bear!

Shannon said...

I can't believe how much the girls look alike. I can only imagine what princess number 3 will like like. What a great picture.

kelly said...

what a fun day.
we love B.A.B.
so much fun...