CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bella turns 9! How did that happen?

I can't believe that Bella is nine. It seems like just yesterday that I was planning her over-the-top 2nd birthday that included finger painting for her and all her 2 year old friends and a bbq for their parents that I made stick around because I couldn't handle more than one 2 year old. Now I have been at this rodeo long enough to know that simpler is better. (well at least for me it is) So we kept the celebration small. Just our family and her Grandma Hallstrom and Aunt Chelle. But to make things special I spent the night before preparing her birthday request, a homemade cheesecake. It wasn't that hard but did take some time and kept me up late. Maybe that was the problem, maybe I can blame the catastrophe on my exhaustion. Here is the story in pictures...
 No cracks.  The key is to let it cool in the oven.  Just turn it off when it's done baking and crack the door.  Ii was so pleased with the outcome.
 Then I dropped it on the floor.  When this kind of thing happens you can either laugh about it or cry.  I laughed and Bella cried. 
Thank goodness for the 10 second rule.  Peter and I scooped it up off the floor as soon as we could and saved the day.  It was delicious!!!

3 comments:

Forrest said...

Sweet! Dropping the cheesecake is classic enough but taking the time to document it in pixels is priceless. I actually think the plating of the cheesecake and cherries made it look even better than normal. Maybe you have started a new trend? Upside down cheesecake?
Glad to see you posting again Mindy. Keep it up.
Forrest

Paige said...

That is a great story to share for years and years. She'll be laughing about it when she's 35 and reminiscing about her childhood with her siblings.
You're an awesome mom!

Torrie said...

Oh, Shilo would have loved to celebrate with Bella! Looks like Bella had a fun time.
I probably would have cried when I dropped the cake... and then laughed hysterically! Way to save the day~ gotta love the 10 second rule!
Happy Birthday Bella! {from Shilo and Torrie}