CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Dad

My dad passed away last week. When my mom called to tell me I didn't cry, nor did I cry as I helped her plan his funeral or at the funeral itself. I know this might sound odd to some but I honestly felt happy for him. I knew he was finally free from the pain and suffering he was experiencing being here with us. I will miss him. He was a very kind, and generous man. He would always strike up conversations with strangers, especially strangers who seemed like they needed someone to notice them. He had a unique sense of humor and used it during the difficult times in life to help get through them. He always treated my mother and my siblings and I with respect, never yelling at us or making us feel unloved. He enjoyed learning and was very creative. He loved the gospel of Jesus Christ and lived its teachings. I know I will see him again one day and I will be sure to tell him "job well done Dad".


4 comments:

Carrie said...

One thing I've learned lately is that there is not a "right" way to grieve. Some people cry, some reach out to others for help, some are at peace, some have an eternal perspective, some feel lost....etc. No matter what your method is, it's right for YOU. Your dad sounds like a great guy who raised a great daughter! We love you guys!! That picture of you looks like your daughters! AWESOME!!

Torrie said...

that made me tear up.
you can tell which child you are because bella looks just like you!!

Paige said...

That was a lovely tribute to your Dad. I'm sorry you lost him so soon in your life but I'm glad with you that he is no longer in pain.

Anonymous said...

you have a very nice blog!
http://www.ecoprocc.com