CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Love is in the air.

This month Peter and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on the 20th. Well, technically we haven't really celebrated it yet because Peter had to work all day on our anniversary and everyday since but I have a surprise planned for this Saturday so we will officially celebrate then. But my amazing husband did manage to pull together a few surprises of his own for me the morning of our anniversary.


I got these...
and this...

and my favorite breakfast delivered to me in bed. It definitely got the day off to a great start. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to find and convince Peter that I was worth all of the fuss, but I sure am grateful I did. He is the perfect guy for me and always will be.

In other news....
We have been enjoying some Northwest like weather here is Utah. Yes, I said enjoying. I love it and so does my garden. It has made it difficult to get out and plant our vegetable garden but our berry plants are doing amazing.

The raspberry monster.



Blackberries and strawberries.


I am also hopeful that I will be getting more than one bloom on my peony this year. I can see at least 4 buds on this bush alone. To me this is the most exciting part of my garden.
And here is my little hydrangea. I am so hopeful that this little guy will keep up the good work.


Closing thoughts:
Have you ever been around someone who was in better shape than you and it made you think to yourself that today is the day you were going to finally kick your sweets habit and start doing push-ups and sit-ups every night before bed no matter what. Well I had an experience like that today and then I came home and made a batch of the most delicious chocolate chip cookies.

Ah well, I still have a chance at those push-ups and sit-ups right? Right!


Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

How wonderful! I think you both lucked out...you are a great couple!

Holly Strong said...

You are that person to me Mindy....even prego I want to look like you. I know you will get right back into shape before I will and my baby is a good 7 months older than yours...sigh. Luck for me I am making chocolate chip cookies for ady's birthday today. One day I will want to be thin enough to shun delicious food. :) Today is not that day.

Torrie said...

11 is big! can't wait to hear what your surprise is for him! you two are perfect for each other, i 'm glad you have each other!
your garden looks so sweet and productive.
we have raspberries too and we love them!

and you are one of those people that make me want to eat/look/do better, yet i keep on cooking desserts!! yikes!

Paige said...

Just relax and enjoy that baby belly time. I say that but I totally felt the same way. It is hard to be pregnant and get bigger everyday. But still, I say eat cookies if you feel like cookies!

You guys are a great couple. You just make me laugh when you hand all the credit over to Pete.