CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 08, 2009

In case anybody is still interested.



We had a fun Halloween this year. Isabella was a spelling bee, Ayva was a tooth fairy and Lilly was a lion. I decided that I was going to make costumes for the older girls to save some money and to get a bit more creative than I have in the past. I pulled out the old sewing machine, dusted it off and tried not to let my lack of sewing skills deter me from my goal. (I might have cussed a few times but I never quit) So here are some pictures.





Lilly the Lion. Roar!!



It is hard to tell from the picture but Ayva has a big white molar sewn on her leotard.









Bella's costume was inspired by her new habit of trying to spell out everything she says.
In other news...a few months ago I decided that I wanted to paint our kitchen cabinets. Eventually I want to change just about everything in our kitchen and it seemed logical to me to start with the cabinets. To make a very long process story short, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be but I love how they turned out. Before they were just your standard oak cabinets which the previous home owners had put some s shaped silver hardware on. Now they are a nice cream color with aged bronze hardware. Oh, and Peter put up some trim on the top. Ta da!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm totally still interested in your life! :) The costumes are fantastic, way to use your creativity! If you ever find mine, let me know!

I LOVE the cabinets! I know that was a sucky summer project, but the end result is amazing! What's next by way of home improvement projects? Once you start, it's just a domino effect...

Shiloh Thacher said...

You were better than me. My cabinets are primed, thats it. I haven't even started on the doors. My project has gone to a screeching stop! LOL Maybe I'll finish it during the winter.

laura said...

i'm so glad you got the cabinets finished they look awesome! i painted mine about a month after my baby was born... BAD IDEA! i have no clue what i was thinking!

and... your girls are DARLING! i seriously wish i could sew, you did an awesome job on their costumes!

Paige said...

That is a huge project. They look great.

The girls look cute, nice sewing. I can't believe how big Lily is.

I'm always interested in what my Utah twin is doing.

Lauren said...

Love the costumes...the spelling bee is so clever!

The cabinets look awesome! Way to go!

Torrie said...

I LOVE the costumes! Way to go! I don't sew either and probably would have cursed a few times myself...
LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabinets and fall decorations! And your friend Carrie is right- just a domino effect starts to take place when you start to improve your home to your liking. Have fun!
I need to live closer to you...
You are inspiring.
{The pumpkin on your porch is really cute. Who carved it?}

Anonymous said...

Always interested Mindy! Love the cabinets. Wanna come do ours?

And the girls...and the costumes, so amazing.

kelly said...

LOVE the cabinets!
and those darling girls!