CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 04, 2007

Ahh, summertime and the livin' is easy...

What a beautiful weekend we had here in Salt Lake. My brother decided it was time to get the boat out and have some fun. So Friday morning we all (my brother and his family, my sister, my parents and us) headed down to Yuba lake which is about an hour and a half south of Salt Lake. The kids had a great time playing in the mud at the shore of the lake and out on the water.

Below is a shot of my nephew, Jonas, and niece, Elise, and Isabella taking a ride in the tube. My niece and nephew were so nice to let Bella take a turn with them because they usually like to go really fast in the tube but my brother takes it a lot slower when Bella is in with them. Needless to say they had a second, faster turn when Bella got out.

Ayva didn't waste anytime making herself comfortable on the boat and even tried to take over as captain.

I wasn't feeling very well while we were there so I passed on skiing, but had to take a whirl around the lake with my girls in the tube. Ayva didn't really care for this but Bella and I had a great time.

Peter did great on the wake board. I didn't get a picture of him but take my word for it, he is a natural athlete and will be doing some crazy tricks by the end of the summer. My brother has been wake boarding for a couple of summers now and has gotten really good. I am hoping between the two of them they can teach me a thing or two. Thanks again Forrest!

Saturday was also gorgeous outside so we created a water slide in the backyard for the girls. They had a blast!! Peter and I set up some chairs in the shade and sipped lemonade while they played. Good times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend and some great pictures! I hope you are feeling better. I miss Utah in the summer...ah, the livin is easy!

Paige said...

How fun! What a great brother. It was sunny and warm here too but then it started to rain...

Ang said...

I'm glad you brought your camera. I, of course, forgot mine. Great pics, though. Forrest is still complaining that I didn't get video of his final run and document the in-air 180s. :-)

Torrie said...

the girls sittin in the sand is so cute. it really captures the sisterly bond they share. it looks like like you all had a fantastic time!

Holly Strong said...

Such great pictures! You look like you had a good time. We'll have to come play in your pool this summer :)