CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 14, 2007

What a week!

Last Monday we celebrated Isabella's birthday by going to our favorite breakfast spot, Ruth's Diner, then we spent the rest of the morning at the zoo. Later in the day we had my family come over and we had a little barbecue for her. It was a lot of fun and Bella was on cloud 9 because she loves her birthday. The following day at preschool she got to be the special leader and bring the snack. Her friends sang happy birthday to her and her teacher gave her a little goody bag of treats. So far being 4 was great! Then Tuesday night she came down with a fever and started throwing up. She threw up a couple of times during the night and then once on Wednesday. Although the throwing up stopped there her fever continued to spike around 102-104 until Sunday. That's 5 days of a sick and GRUMPY Isabella. She is finally feeling better today and is much more pleasant to be around.
I had a great Mother's Day yesterday. The girls, via their wonderful dad, gave me a ever blooming gardenia plant, a hand juicer and we had a delicious quiche for brunch. Then it was off to church where we enjoyed some nice talks on motherhood. I was really looking forward to having Bella go up and sing a lovely Mother's Day song with the primary for the very first time but since she was still feeling a little under the weather she declined to participate. Oh well, maybe next year. It was my turn to teach Sunday school this week and that went alright. Then the elders took over all the teaching duties during the last hour so that all the women could be together in Relief Society. They also gave us giant sugar cookies as a thank you for all that we do as women to enrich the lives of those around us. And finally we went to my brothers house to have some dessert with my family. Delicious cheesecake with raspberry sauce! I love being a mom!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Hmm, I'm hearing about a lot of fun mother's day treats from wards. Maybe I should take over next year for ours. We got a few Hersheys extra dark mini chocolates. At least the kids didn't want to share them with me. I'm going to campaign for the RS gathering next year.

Lauren said...

It does sound like you had a big week. Being a mom is great...I love being "the mom." I remember thinking how cool it was that the mom could always calm her crying baby and I couldn't wait to be "the mom."

Besides being able to calm the baby, I also love the look on Adam's face when all I have to do is hold the baby to settle him or her, after he has tried everything he can think of. It makes it all worth it.

As for the treats, the funniest was the marigolds in the sandwhich baggy last year in the LFP ward...do you remember that Mindy and Paige?

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great time you had on Mother's day!

Our ward had plants for all, fruit and cookies. I like the idea of the giant cookies though...yum.

It is great being a Mom. I would not have wanted to be one so much if I hadn't seen you in action!