CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 23, 2007

Long time...no post

I know, I know, I know, I haven't posted in awhile and people are starting to wonder what is going on. I don't have a substantial excuse for you, I have just been lazy. Sorry, it happens sometimes. But I am back and have already posted some of our recent outings to the soccer game and tulip festival. I thought I would just add a bit more here to update you all on other things that have been happening in our lives.
Peter and I were called to co-teach Gospel Doctrine at church. Last sunday was our first time and I sat and somewhat relaxed while Peter took the first turn. He did a great job which just made me more nervous to take my turn next week. Everyone keeps reminding us that we have big shoes to fill because the former teacher had the calling for 3+ years and was loved by all. He was only released because they moved out of the ward. So we'll see if we drive people to inactivity or if they can learn to love us as well.
Other big news is that my parents and my sister moved here from Minnesota last weekend. Peter and my brother Forrest flew to MN on thursday, loaded a truck and hit the road on friday. They drove straight through and arrived in Utah on saturday. The drive took them 24 hours and included an amazing lightning storm that lasted for hours and also a close call with a tornado that took out a couple of big rigs as it crossed the highway they were on. Luckily they are tough guys and cried very little about the whole ordeal. My parents and sister flew to Utah on friday and stayed the night with me and the girls. It is great to have them back and Bella and Ayva are already being spoiled in a way only a grandma can get away with.
Well there you have it. I can't think of much more to share with you. This is another reason for the gap in postings, not a lot has been going on. Thanks for checking back in and giving up on us.

6 comments:

Paige said...

I was about to post on my blog a personal invitation to you to post again, glad I checked up on yours first. What a calling -- you will do a great job and you will learn so much.

Ang said...

I'm glad to see you posted! Hooray! I'm also glad all went well with Pete's first class. I'm sure you'll do great, too.

Anonymous said...

You will do such a great job in that calling. They only call the best to teach!

I've missed seeing your posts, and am so glad to see you again! I can't believe they have a tulip festival in Utah!

Sam said...

Hey guys, I've always enjoyed Peter's lessons in priesthood so I knew he would do a good job. Mindy, you WOWed me with how sincere your lesson was on Sunday. I should probably call and tell you in person that you did great but I thought I should just confirm to your friends what great teachers you both are. Thank you.

kelly said...

so happy you've posted again!
wow, gospel doctrine.
wish i was in your class!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]rebetol online
[/url] copegus buy
order rebetol online
purchase rebetol online