CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Decorations

Snow! Snow is one of my favorite holiday decorations. I have gone without it for many years living in Seattle but Utah has welcomed me back with a nice little dumping of the always festive white stuff. Beautiful! (As you can see the house needed all the help it could get since we haven't hung any Christmas lights or donned our front yard with any blow up Santa Clauses.)

A Willow Tree Nativity. I have wanted to start collecting this nativity for a long time and thanks to my WONDERFUL sister in law, Angie, I have gotten my start. She gave me this portion of the collection as a birthday/house warming present and I love it. Thanks again Ang. I set it up in our entertainment center and the recessed lighting shines down on baby Jesus perfectly.
This picture was given to me last Christmas by my great friend Kelly Lee who WILL be a famous photographer someday. She had taken some pictures of Ayva for me right after she was born and used one of them to make this perfect holiday decoration. The words on the bottom of the picture say "A bright star shone, a babe was born, God's love was known." I will always cherish this gift. Every year as I unwrap it and find a special place to display it I will be reminded of the real reason we celebrate Christmas, Jesus Christ was born. Thank you Kelly.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Don't you LOVE the Willow Tree stuff? I've been working on that nativity set for a few years now. For my birthday, I received the last piece, the Three Wiseman. I love it and I'm tempted to leave it up year-round!!

I love the picture of your daughter, what a great idea. I agree with you, your friend is extremely talented!

kelly said...

you are so sweet!
we got your beautiful christmas card today. we miss you guys...

the snow looks so lovely on your house, it is the perfect decoration.

i love my willow tree nativity too!

Holly Strong said...

OKAY Mindy! I'm commenting, telling you to UPDATE!!!!! I love the picture of your daughter...that truly is priceless. I hope we get more snow soon....I'm starting to miss it.

Holly